QUANTITATIVE PROJECT DIRECTOR
This position reports to the Director of Quality and Project Management.
General responsibilities of the Quantitative Project Director are to oversee the execution of quantitative research projects by managing project logistics, creating questionnaires, liaising with other departments on project needs, analyzing data, drafting research reports, and liaising with clients, as well as contributing to the development of internal tools, methods and other special projects to support the growth of the quantitative practice area.
This is a full-time position which typically requires a 40-50 hour workweek with some occasional need to work evenings or on weekends to accommodate project schedules.
This position will be located in East Rutherford, NJ and preference will be given to local candidates. We are currently working fully remote and a return to the office is planned for mid-September to our East Rutherford, NJ location. Once we return to the office, employees will be working 2 days per week from home, 3 days in the office.
- BA or MA in Social Sciences, Communications, Market Research or Marketing
- 3-10 years’ experience in marketing research project direction, prior quantitative experience preferred (either in a research department or a full-service supplier)
- Excellent detail orientation and organizational skills for managing varying types of projects with overlapping timelines
- Proactiveness in managing and problem-solving project details
- Flexible and resilient; able to manage complexity, work through details
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent people management abilities when dealing with clients and colleagues
- Excellent analytical abilities – can detect patterns in data that are relevant to project objectives and can describe those patterns with project-appropriate language
- Ability to create compelling reports in PowerPoint, requiring proficiency in PowerPoint
- Proficiency in Excel to analyze research data
- Advanced Word, MS Office, Teams, and Project skills a plus
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Assist in the drafting and revising of documents such as questionnaires and reports.
Helping organize logistics and coordinating the scheduling and timing of research activities and fieldwork among clients, as well as Russell Research staff
Communicate with the tabulation and coding departments the analytical requirements of projects
Drafting final reports and presentations that detail key findings and implications culminating in strategic recommendations for the client’s business
Support the sales team in the proposal process including bidding projects, developing costs, and providing inputs to proposals
Provide proofing and editing support for questionnaires, reports, presentations, and proposals
- Be able to understand client’s business situation
- Content knowledge
- Has experience with basic quantitative research methods
- Has knowledge of broad social trends and common social behaviors
- Conceptualization and Design
- Understands client’s stated research problem and some underlying issues
- Be able to design basic research approach to meet client’s needs
- Knows whether quantitative research is appropriate, or not
- Experienced at overseeing basic quantitative research projects
- Has knowledge of quantitative research and survey development
- Understands the research process
- Project management/coordination
- Coordinates his/her part of a project efficiently and interfaces smoothly with the other parts of the project
- Understands how other parts of the project relate to his/her part
- Can accurately summarize what data is saying and can identify emerging themes
- Has excellent written communication skills
- Can draft reports that address major findings, interpretations, implications
- Can answer questions about the report competently
This is a salaried position with health insurance, 401K, paid vacation, and holidays.
There will be opportunities for paid training outside the organization, and attendance at professional conferences
What started in 1946 has grown to a team of 60 innovative, strategy-driven research professionals. Our mission, then, and now, is to provide business strategists the marketplace understanding to compete in today’s evolving business world. Today we apply this experience to leverage new tools & techniques to empower our clients’ decisions & strategies. Customer Experience is a powerful management tool that many of our clients are using to drive business results.
Please apply to [email protected].